SHOPPING UNDER THE STARS 2020 - UPDATED
Due to the recently announced restrictions, Shopping Under the Stars is changing to an all day shopping event to support the local businesses in Downtown Halifax. While some retail stores remain open, we are recommending that you order some takeout and shop from the comfort of your own home. Many businesses are offering curbside pick-up and delivery options making it easier than ever to shop local this holiday season.
PARTICIPATING DOWNTOWN HALIFAX BUSINESSES:
|1559 Barrington Street||December 4||
OPEN 10 am - 10 pm (10 shoppers at a time)
New paintings by Raquel Roth and other speical things every Saturday leading up to Christmas.
FREE Delivery to most of HRM on purchases of $20 or more
Curbside pick-up and private bookings or virtual gallery/shopping tours available.
Will ship anywhere!
Visit argylefineart.blogspot.com/ or follow on social to see new additions daily.
|1661 Argyle Street||December 4||
20% OFF ALL CLOTHING & SHOES both in store and online
Curbside pick-up and delivery options available online
Shop online here
Open for in-peson shopping from 11 am - 7 pm
|Historic Properties||December 4||
Carrefour Atlantic will be featuring their books on their social media.
People can call and pay by phone, or books can be held for pick-up at a later date.
|1569 Barrington Street||December 4||
FireWorks Gallery will be giving out stars at time of purchase for 15%, 20% or 25% off purchase ALL DAY
Purchase by phone: 902-420-1735
Curbside pick-up options available also.
OR set-up a virtual shop! Shop face-to-face, virtually! Contact FireWorks to set up a Zoom, Facebook Video or Facetime appointment.
Open for in-person shopping from 11 am - 8 pm
|2011 Brunswick Street||December 4||
Details to come.
|1568 Argyle Street (2nd floor)||December 4||
OPEN for in-person shopping from 12 - 5 pm.
Gift the gift of sustainability this year!
Ggift certificates can be bought in shop and or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase a local handknit toques and a donation will be made to Shelter Nova Scotia.
|1592 Barrington Street||December 4||
Buy One get 10%
Buy Two get 15%
Buy Three get 20%
Call and place your order by phone for curbside pick-up.
902-423-7771 Ext: #1
|Historic Properties||December 4||FB: @POSHhalifax||
Open for in-person shopping from 10 am - 7 pm.
10% off all day.
|5151 South Street||
Details to come.
|1669 Barrington St||December 4||
Canook is closed to in-person shopping, but you can enjoy 15% off all online orders on Friday, December 4 with code STARS15
FREE delivery in HRM and FREE shipping across Canada
More information on participating Spring Garden Road area businesses. click here and here.
PARKING FOR SHOPPING UNDER THE STARS
To help support the businesses participating in Shopping Under the Stars, parking lots and parkades around Downtown Halifax and Spring Garden area will be offering free parking during the timeframe of SUTS (5:00-10:00 pm).
- Develop Nova Scotia will be offering free parking in the pay-by-plate lots along the Waterfront both nights of SUTS and Saturdays and Sundays from November 28/29 to December 19/20 during the month of December. The lots include:
- Foundation Place, 1549 Lower Water Stret
- Salter Lot, 1521 Lower Water Street
- Bishop's Landing, 1475 Lower Water Street
- Cunard Lot, 1325 Lower Water Street
- Parkades and lots in the Spring Garden area offering free parking from 5 - 10 pm for SUTS include:
- Vertu, 1530 Birmingham Street
- Spring Garden Place, 5640 Spring Garden Road
- Halifax Central Library & Dalhousie University, 5440 Spring Garden Road
- Indigo Parking, 5565 Sackville Street
- Paramount Management, 1545 South Park Street
- Parks Canada Garrison Grounds, 5425 Sackville Street
- HRM is providing the first 15-minutes FREE at all paid on-street parking for the month of December to help with curbside pick-up. More info here.